Thursday, January 28, 2010

Our Christmas Day

On Christmas day, Michael and I got up early so that we could go and see my family open their gifts at 8am, and have breakfast with them. Even though we didn't exchange gifts with them yet, we wanted to watch them open what they received from each other.

Then we headed over to the Magistro household to open gifts there and spend the day with them.

Because my brother and his wife, and my two sisters and their husbands, were all celebrating Christmas with their other families, we didn't give our gifts to my dad, JoAnn and David yet. All of my siblings, and their spouses were going to gather together and celebrate Christmas on New Year's eve. So, we had two Christmas'!

It worked out nice because then we could celebrate with Michaels family one day, and mine another.

Now here are some pictures! (there are a lot, but I held myself back and didn't post all of them)

David made out like a bandit.

My dad made this for JoAnn. It is so nice. She cried a little, and still she looks beautiful :-)

JoAnn really liked the ornaments my dad added to the top of her gifts. He is a very goof gift wrapper

And JoAnn had this clock made for him

Michael and I

My dad made David this lego table, it's really neat.

David loves it!

My dad and Michael playing with Michaels new toy

When we drove up to the Magistro house, we saw all these birds take flight. It was pretty cool

I don't want you guys to think I'm conceited, and like to post pictures of myself! I just wanted to show you guys the cute pjs Michael got me, and the hat and scarf his mom made for me. :-)

The gifts under the tree. I took this pic a little late, this was after all our gifts were out. The ones that are left are all the ones for the kids. They came a little later, so that we could open our gifts first. Once the kids came, it was a little crazy. But I loved every minute :-)

The beautiful tree that my mother in law decorated

Elisa handing out her gifts to everyone

Everyone in Michaels family gave us very thoughtful and fun gifts! They're so nice!

My mother and father in law. They're so cute!

Picture time!

All of Michaels sisters -Elisa, Marisa, Mia and Mendy (left to right)

Kai was showing Mia what he got for Christmas

Erina talking to Michael about the gift she made for him

Erina made gifts for everyone, they're so cute! This is a game she made for Michael

Maria modeling for Abercrombie

The kids all got Rudolph noses

We had a wonderful Christmas! We loved everything we got, and we had a ton of fun picking out gifts for others. We enjoyed the traditions, and remembered the reason for the season. I know this post is late, but I do hope everyone had a blessed holiday season, filled with love, and laughter.

Soon I'll post about our second Christmas :-)

4 comments:

Helena said...

I like all the pictures! Thanks for posting them :)

Amber said...

It is not conceded to post pictures of yourself! We read your blog to read about all the fun stuff you have to say and see YOU and the people in your life. It is no fun if we don't get to see you too :) It looks like you had a great time, thanks for sharing!

Douglas Smith said...

Hi Chantel,

That is a really nice post and photos! Both Sheelah and I enjoyed reading about your Christmas.

Dave said...

How do you know how bandits kiss?