Friday, January 22, 2010

Decorating The Tree

Now that I have finally posted about picking out a tree, here is a post about us decorating it! We invited some people from work, and everyone made an ornament to contribute to the tree. We have a ton of ornaments. Literally. And how we got many of them was by having a Christmas tree decorating party and asking everyone to make and bring an ornament.

Katy and JoAnn looking at Kevin's homemade ornament -paper snowflakes.

The bin that holds all of the decorative goodness. It's always fun to see the ornaments each year. There are so many, so it's fun to remember where they came from

Amber handing an ornament to Dave. She handed all of them out to people, it helps to keep things organized :)

Everyone getting started in the decorating

Michael and Nicholas putting on some ornaments

Katy was given an Angel ornament... it's kind of decapitated. As you can see the head is attached to the body by a small string. Kind of morbid maybe, you're just lucky I didn't post the picture of her looking like she's about to lick, or eat it.

This picture makes me laugh! I love the facial expressions. David and Dave putting on some ornaments

Michael decorating the tree

Russ putting the cranberry ornament he and his wife made for us

JoAnn putting some snowflakes on the tree

Dad contributing to the decor

Amber, handing me something to hang on the tree

Dave, Russ, JoAnn and Russ' wife admiring peoples work

David and Tally. Tally had a reindeer ornament attached to her collar. It was cute.

David and Tally again. He loves having a dog :-)

Me putting some ornaments on the tree

My Dads brother, Uncle Ron, adding some decor to the tree

Annie and Jimmy discussing where to put some decorations. And Dave in the background is my favorite part :-P

I told Jimmy to look at me as he put his next ornament on. Doesn't he look excited? LoL

Michael and his work buddies, Pierce and Nicholas

This picture shows Nicholas and Michaels true feelings for each other

I think my dad was going to take something off the tree here? haha

Amber and David... I think I caught David while he was blinking

Annie, and Dave in the background again, putting stuff on the tree (yes I called it stuff. With so many pictures it's hard to think of new words for "Ornaments" and "Decorations")

My dad found a nice little spot by the tree where he could sit, and place things on the tree. It was convenient because my sister was right there so he didn't even need to get up to receive more ornaments.

Kevin is really excited and happy to be placing things on our tree.

Jimmy, Michael and David looking at the finished product.

What you wanted to see it too? Okay :)


Here it is! Our family tree! It has a ton of ornaments and lights and tinsel... I love it :-)

3 comments:

Helena said...

I like it all lit up. Pretty.

Dave said...

I live by my motto: "Rock the Background". Since 1996.

Amber said...

Wow Dave is pretty creepy...