Tuesday, January 26, 2010

The New Year Brings

Resolutions!

So, I still have some more Christmas blogs to post, but I wanted to write this entry first.

As is the fashion during the beginning of a new year, people try to gain a "fresh start." People make a commitment of sorts to a project, reforming habits, revamping their lifestyles, and in some cases, even trying to change who they are. I believe people make commitments with themselves that they see as being more hopeful, beneficial and worthwhile than perhaps they are used to in their normal every-day routines, and lives. I think the New Year brings with it a newer perspective and hope for a better future. I think that the New Year can present an opportunity, a chance to try and do the things that have been put off for years, because we've always been waiting for the perfect time.

I read about a resolution experiment conducted by Quirkology; their research shows that while 52% of participants in a resolution study were confident of success with their goals, only 12% actually achieved their goals. Men achieved their goals 22% more often when they engaged in goal setting, a system of small measurable goals, such as saying they will loose a pound a week, instead of just saying "I will lose weight." While women succeeded 10% more when they made their goals public, and got support from their friends.

I made a list of things I wish to improve upon during the course of this year, and so I'll make them public to increase my chances of success by 10% LoL

*Eat more healthy
*Exercise more regularly
*Put pictures up in our apartment
*Make our apartment more cozy
*Write more often
*Visit the temple more
*Catch up with an old friend
*Be more crafty
*Learn more about cooking
*Make a list of lifelong goals
*Be more patient with others and especially with myself
*Draw more often
*Write an anonymous uplifting letter to someone
*Keep reading a lot
*Write in my journal
*Strengthen certain relationships
*Let some people go
*Keep doing the "little things" for Michael
*Keep doing the "big things" for Michael
*Start a scrapbook about mine and Michaels life
*Stay on top of my blogging
*Start my new blog and keep it going

That's right. I also decided that I would like to start a new blog. For the few of you who read this, do not worry, I still intend to keep it! This blog is dedicated to mine and Michaels life together. It's a journal of sorts, and I have every intention of keeping it going. My new blog will be all about the things I see, and the way I see them. Things I like, things I don't like, my opinions, and my thoughts. My hope is to share beautiful things, and truths with the world.

In fact I wrote my first posts on it today! it's called http://mythoughtsandtreasures.blogspot.com/
I hope you guys enjoy it!

So what are your resolutions? What kind of things do you want to improve, do differently, learn, stick with and so on? I'd love to hear about them! Because remember, making them public will increase your chances of success by 1o% :-D

3 comments:

Helena said...

My resolutions are:

eat healthier
laugh more
say yes to more opportunities
be nice

Wish me luck!

Unknown said...

Wow, those are a lot of resolutions. I have faith in you though. You are an amazing young lady and all the things you want to do are impressive and will help you grow spritiually and mentally. Good job!

Amber said...

Good idea, I hope you keep us posted on your success on your new blog! We will now hold you accountable if you fail... j/k... sort of...