Thursday, January 21, 2010

O Christmas Tree...

O Christmas Tree?

My Dad, JoAnn, David, Jimmy, Annie, Amber, Dave, Michael and I all went to go pick out a Christmas tree to go into the Kaiser residence. This has been a tradition for us to all go together for as long as I can remember. Of course, in Michigan we would be able to cut it down. But it's still fun here in Utah!

This was the first year without my sister Helena being there, because she and Kurt are living in Pittsburgh. However, I'm okay with the fact that they weren't there because she had made it a tradition to chase me and push me in the snow during the Christmas Tree hunt. And so, this year I was not chased :-)

I always liked this tradition, because really the decision belonged to my mom and dad. However, she always let us help choose. And even though JoAnn is now the lady of the house, she wanted us to help too! It must have been helpful for her to have us help, because I don't think there was a way to accurately describe how many ornaments we really have :-)

There were so many to choose from!

Dad and David looking at all the trees

Dave measuring the tree. We decided this one wasn't tall enough

Everyone gathering around and talking about this big one

I thought we should get this one though. It was shorter than me!... no one agreed for some reason.

This is the beauty that was chosen!

All of us around the tree which was huge. There was a taller, and fatter one they were also considering, but this one won out.

It was fun going and looking at trees, and not having to worry about getting a face full of snow :-P

2 comments:

Helena said...

The tree looked great. I'm sad our fun tradition didn't happen this year... maybe next year there will be snow...

Amber said...

I wonder why no one wanted that little tree...