Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Work time?... NO

Party Time!

On the 30th of October, the day before Halloween, we had a Halloween party at work! It was great fun! Everyone dressed up, and people had some very creative costumes.

This is my dad, he was excited for the party. He played "Thriller" and made up the dance moves. Haha, I love my dad.
Kendra, aka -Maverick-was our the party planner! she did great! We had a blast. Sadly I didn't take pictures of any of the games we played. There was pin the nose on the witch, and bobbing for apples. They had Halloween music playing, and there was a ton of food, and a costume contest.

Michael and I. He had a creepy mask, but took it off after a bit, as it was very hot under it.

Check out Kevin's pants!

Dan was a spider! Unfortunately my picture is way fuzzy... but trust me, it looked cool

There's my hubby! During the party he was working a little on spread sheets, and I thought it looked too funny with his mask on. I had to capture it on film!

A story behind the mask: my dad wore it when he and JoAnn came to see our apartment, trying to scare us. I answered the door, but I wasn't really even startled. Then he wore it and jumped out at Michael, he was a little more surprised. Then my dad gave the mask to Michael without my knowing, telling him to scare me with it later... well, I found it, and I put it on. Then I called for Michael, and when he came in the room, I was on the floor crawling towards him from behind the dresser... it was fun.

Me and my friend Bryn, she was bat-girl.

Nick and Pierce, Nick is the pirate, and pierce is the vampire.

Amber and Dave. Amber was the cutest baseball player! And Dave was a chef! Dave won for the best costume. They also made a fake pizza, it was cool... ignore Dave's creepy eyes. He doesn't always look like that.

My dad and his new wife JoAnn, she really is a lovely person, but she looked a bit gross in her costume. Her teeth were nasty. LoL. and she had a fake spider on her shoulder that would move... eew! My dad is a pirate. His boots were really cool.

Just a bunch of us mingling.

Some of the food. There was tons of it. Lots of delicious treats.

David, he dressed up like a zombie on Halloween, but for this he just wore a lab coat. I didn't get to see him as a Zombie, so I hope someone posts pictures.

My brother Jimmy, he is Dwight. It was awesome. Seeing a Dwight around made me have this intense urge to play a prank on him. I can sympathize with Jim from "The Office" more now...

My friend Barb is in the mask, she's really very pretty... And my friend Katy is in the blond wig. She was dressed as a doll, she put elmers glue all over her face and neck so she'd look shiny. People kept trying to make her laugh. It was gross when she peeled it off. Katy won the best costume as well. It was a tie between her and Dave. She also won the pin the nose on the witch.

They also had bobbing for apples, and David went first, he took about 30 seconds. Then Steve went, he took 3! I'd never seen anyone do it that fast. Then a few others went, one person couldn't get it, then Nick -the pirate- went and he took 1 second! It was crazy. Michael went last, because he's sick, and he didn't want to risk getting anyone else sick, he also took 1 second! I had no idea he had such skills with apples. He and Nick both won a prize.

It was a way fun party!

3 comments:

Helena said...

I can just imagine Dad dancing to Thriller. Remember when he would come into the garage/family room, pull his pants up to his arm pitts, and bust a move?

Amber said...

Good job capturing the feel of the party! It was a ton of fun!

Dave said...

Hey! My eyes aren't creepy...I just always close them during pictures so I have to keep them open really WIDE.