Wednesday, November 18, 2009

The Christmas Season Begins...

Actually, it began a while ago. Before Halloween even. Some people hate this, while other people either secretly or openly love it. I'm like Switzerland you see, it doesn't bother me when they play Christmas music before Thanksgiving, but it also doesn't bother me if people choose not to. Before Halloween is a bit much in my opinion though. So maybe I'm not completely like Switzerland... I haven't started playing the music around our house yet, but I'm sure I will soon.

I'm getting excited!

I am already making lists of ideas for gifts to give, and coming up with ideas of things I would like to receive. I look at my apartment and plan on where I'll put different Christmas decorations, and I even made a list of mine and Michael's family traditions, and we are thinking of the traditions we will want to continue in our family. It's great fun!

I'm looking forward to getting a fake little tree, getting some more decorations, baking some cookies, watching Christmas movies, and reading the books that always get me to feel the spirit of Christmas! I'm looking forward to having a snow ball fight, building a snow man, drinking more hot chocolate and singing carols, as well as looking at Christmas lights all done up on peoples houses...

Don't you just love this time of year?

3 comments:

Helena said...

YES! It is my absolute favorite.

Amber said...

I do love this time of year! I want to know the list of traditions you guys collectively have (blog it!) and what you decided to keep (blog that too!). It is so much fun decorating your first home together, as soon as you have it done, I want to see some pictures on here(your blog....)
:)

Amber said...

Yes I did notice that you copied me too... Maybe I should block you and Helena from being able to read my blog! Nothing is safe anymore... :)