Sunday, October 25, 2009

Now get into the coffin...

And face your worst nightmare!

My brother Jimmy, Michael and I went to some more haunted houses on Saturday. Dad, JoAnn, Amber, Dave and Annie went to a play instead. David -my little brother- wasn't interested in either one, so he just stayed home.

Well, I had found this haunted house online, Nightmare Mansion. It's from the creators of another haunted house in Utah, The Castle of Chaos. Anyway, the Nightmare Mansion has 4 levels in it, each getting progressively scarier. There was a deal online where if you bought tickets for both the locations, the Mansion and the Castle, then you'd get a discount. And, if you got them online you received a a free VIP pass so you would skip the line, and pretty much go right in. So of course we got that deal!

I'm sorry, but once again I don't have pictures, because cameras aren't allowed into places like this.

We went to the Mansion, I was really looking forward to it. I've heard about different level ones before. The first level was definitely kid friendly. You got 3D glasses, and it was mostly just clowns. The 3D paint was really cool though! There were some loud noises that startled me, and I did scream once because something jumped out unexpectedly.

The next level was a little more intense, as was the one after that, and the one after that. I screamed a few times during the whole thing, but it wasn't as scary as I had expected, and hoped. Although the levels got more intense, it was still kind of kid friendly. Yeah, they had gross stuff, and I wouldn't take little kids to it. But it wasn't as good as the forest. I've seen better. But! It was still a lot of fun.

After that it was only 8:30, and the Castle was only ten minutes away, so we decided to hit that one up. And man am I glad we didn't go to this one first. I still didn't think it was as good as the forest, or Rocky Point, however, it was a lot of fun. I screamed a lot, the make-up was very well done, and they had some pretty neat stuff, and I thought that the acting was better in the Castle than the Mansion as well.

The worst part though, was the end. Before I tell you about it, I have to explain, as we stood in line for the Mansion (we skip the big line but we still had to wait about 10 minutes at the Mansion. At the Castle we went right in) I heard the people behind me talking about how they have this part that you go down a slide, and there are guys with chainsaws surrounding you. Needless to say, that freaked me out! So, the whole time in the last level of the Mansion I kept looking out for it... but it never came. Maybe that's part of why it was a little disappointing?

At the end of the Castle however, it did. We came to this room, there were two coffins, and two slides. I thought I was going to cry. The guy working in that room was dressed like a vampire, he could easily tell I was terrified. He told me and Michael to get into one of the coffins, Jimmy went into the other one. We lied down next to each other, and he slammed the lid closed. And then, the end where our feet were, started to dip down, slowly creating a slide... I heard the chainsaws start, and I started screaming. I tried to stay in the coffin, but I had no choice, I had to get out. Because Jimmy wasn't scared, Michael was holding me, and I was the only one screaming, they kept by me. Even though I'm sick, as is Michael, I screamed for a LONG time. I felt like it lasted for at least 5 minutes! Finally Michael was able to get us away.

The kind of embarrassing thing is that it was indoors, and all we really had to do was go up some stairs, but I had my eyes closed most of the time, sometimes I'd look but the chainsaw was always right there, and I couldn't check my bearings. So, when we finally got away, and up the stairs and into a gift shop. Yup, it was right there. There were at least five people waiting in line to buy something, and they all got to watch the show of my being terrified.

It was a ton of fun! I don't think I've ever screamed so much in my life. I love doing things like this, especially with Michael. He said he "had no idea someone could scream like that when they're sick."

We're going to hit up Nightmare on 13th as well, and maybe go back to forest, because we get in half price on Halloween. Now that I've introduced Michael to the world of Haunted Houses, he is hooked! It's great.

2 comments:

Amber said...

Chantel that is soo sad, I don't know why you think it is fun... BUT at least you had a good time...

Helena said...

I'm jealous!!