Wednesday, October 28, 2009

I made cookies!

I'll do better next time though...

This is a delayed post, but I only just got the pictures to load on my computer.

Michael and I have been getting situated in our new home. I will take pictures of our apartment and post them soon so you can all see it!


A few weeks ago, I was craving Chocolate Chip cookies. I wanted them very badly. And so I decided to make some! I followed the recipe that was on the back
of the bag of chocolate chips, and since we didn't have any mixing bowls, or any big bowls for that matter, I used one of our pans as a makeshift bowl -as you can see below.

I also got tired of scooping the little bits at a time, and so I made a giant cookie!

What I discovered from this was that our oven does not bake evenly, the back bakes faster. So, they weren't all gooey and soft. But when we put them in the microwave for about 30 seconds they are softer.

So, I'll do better next time, they will be softer and I now have a kitchen aid which will help as well. But, for the first time making cookies by myself, I think I did pretty good!

As I was preparing the cookies, Michael fixed the light in our kitchen. He's such a good handy man! He recently got his hair cut, last week I think, so it's shorter now.

I think I'll try making cut-out cookies and making them look festive. Being married sure is fun!

3 comments:

Amber said...

I love your gigantic cookie! You can make cut-out Christmas cookies next! ; )

Helena said...

Did you get a lot of gift cards? You should go to Target and get some mixing bowls. You can never have too many. Or go to Wal Mart- we got some there for really cheap.

Unknown said...

I am salivating from looking at your big cookie. Looks so YUMMY. being married looks good on you.