Saturday, February 20, 2010

Exploring Snow Canyon

While we were in St. George, we got to do some fun things when I wasn't writing or having rehearsals. We found some awesome outlet stores with wonderful prices, ate the most delicious fondue, and explored Snow Canyon (those were the main events, but we had a very busy week).
It was a great little vacation! Yes, I was stressed and I had a minor break-down during the editing process; however, it was a great week!

Here are some pictures from our adventures in the canyon. It was my first time really hiking a mountain, and it was beautiful.

We saw interesting holes, and natural designs in the rocks

This is me, with the beautiful background

Michael, doing a little pose

My pictures don't do it justice

We saw creepy looking trees that tried to grab us

Some very bright colored moss, and blue rocks (not pictured)

Michael climbed into an alcove so I could get this picture


He is just so cute!

We saw a giant rock that looks like a submarine

Me, in a mini-cave-thing

The biggest blackhead you will ever see

We wanted to do more hiking, and see the "Three Ponds," however the sun set, and once that happened it got dark, and cold, real fast. So we had to hurry back to the car before we lost all light. (we forgot flashlights.) We got to hike for a good 2.5 hours or so, and it was amazing. I definitely want to go back!

I have many more pictures that I took of beautiful things. This post has a ton of pictures, but perhaps I'll post more later, if you would like?

Michael and I loved St. George! His parent own a condo there, so we didn't need to pay for a hotel, which is always a plus. We want to go back for our anniversary that way we can see exactly how hot it is in the summer.

1 comments:

Helena said...

It looks like you guys had fun. And Mike is a sweetheart- I can't ever get Kurt to hold my purse for me! I must say, he is rocking it- you should let him borrow your purse more often :)