Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Be My Valentine

Having never been in a relationship on Valentines Day before, I didn't really know what to get for Michael. What we decided to do, was go to Target together, split up, and sneakily get gifts for each other. We set a price limit, wished each other luck, gave a little kiss and then we were off!

There were a few times when we saw each other, looked scared for a fraction of a second, then quickly covered the things we were holding, turned, and ran in different directions. People who noticed were probably most confused.

Because Michael and I were going to St. George for the whole week before Valentines Day, we decided to celebrate before we left.

I made him this card (all the ones I found at Target were too pricey)

I made these little tags to go on all the things I got him. This was an exercise thing to work out your arms. He wanted one :-)

I put this on a jar of olives

:-) It's probably the most crafty thing I've done in quite a while. It was fun to make the little cards! I also gave him some Symphony Chocolate -that's his favorite.

Michael gave me some kitchen stuff, I've been wanting a steamer, and this one works great!

He set up a power station by my bed, and plugged all my many things into it. This made my life SO much easier!

He also gave me a chocolate rose! I haven't eaten it yet, because it is so pretty and I just want to savor it

My chocolate rose, and our "I Love You Forever" bears :-)

Michael also gave me some bath stuff, but I forgot to take a picture.

I just love my husband! He is so sweet :-) We had a great time celebrating Valentines Day!

2 comments:

Amber said...

You forgot to mention you got the idea for getting you gifts like that from me! That had been Dave and my tradition since we were dating :)

I like the contrast in your gift to each other :)

Natalie of TheBusyBudgetingMama.com said...

haha i love that you went shopping for each other at the same time..ben and i almost did that at target. with busy lives you just gotta run with it! hehe.