Sunday, December 6, 2009

I want to leave this up all year...

Our Apartment Looks so Nice all Decorated!

The day after Thanksgiving, Michael went to work, I stayed home and got out my Christmas decorations that I've been collecting over the years. I then put together our very first Christmas tree (it was $20 bucks from Target) then I went shopping with JoAnn and got a few more decorations, and then had our place made into our own winter wonderland by the time Michael got home.

He was very surprised! I was so proud of myself! It was my first time decorating our place for any holiday. It was such fun!


I got these little bows at Big Lots, and put them on all of our cupboards in our kitchen.

This is the wreath that is on the inside of our door. So pretty.

I stood on our stools and hung this picture up while he was gone too. It was a wedding present. Then I put that garland stuff down the sides of the door frame, and put the bows on. I like it

We didn't decorate our tree that night. We decorated it about a week after I put the decorations up. We didn't do a color theme. We put on my ornaments I have collected over the years, a small strand of lights, and some different colors of the ball ornaments. I love it!

After we decorated it I was going to take a picture of it, and Michael jumped in front of the camera! He's silly.

Our tree!

The bottom of our tree! I got the tree skirt when I went shopping with JoAnn

This is our bakers rack, all decked out for Christmas

A closer view of it. I tied the bows in all over the living room

Our bathroom. I put that garland stuff around the mirror. See the towels in the background? They are so cute! Annie and Jimmy gave them to us for our wedding.

We discovered that Michaels stocking when he was little was Santa, and mine was Mrs. Clause. Cute huh?

I got this angel when out with JoAnn as well. I then put some of that garland around it. It's our center piece on our table. I love that angel!

I got this with JoAnn as well. When Michael and I get a nice big picture of Christ we'll put this under it I think. This is a decoration that can stay up all year round.

Our entertainment center, courtasy of Helena!

Our awesome lamp! Below are pictures of the shelves on the lamp all decorated

In front of our tree! There are a few other things I decorated and I want to take pictures of, but this post is so long in the making already, that I figure I'll just do a shorter post with them later.

I love our place all decorated! I want to leave it like this all year round... I'll just have to think of stuff to put up in its place... any suggestions?

Hope this wasn't too long. Let me know what you think! Remember, it is my first time. So I'm sure it'll be better in years to come :-)

6 comments:

Helena said...

It looks great! There are so many things I want to comment on.

I love the bakers rack.

I am so glad you got some use out of the entertainment stand.

The stockings are the cutest things I've ever seen. It's like fate.

I love your lamp wit the shelves.

Huge fan of the Believe sign.

I wish I had a tree skirt.

That Angel Center Piece is so perfect.

Yay for decorating bathroom mirrors!

Bows on the cupboards are my favorite thing. It's just not Christmas without them.

The Barrett Family said...

So cute, now you can come decorate my apartment. I love your lamps, we had the same exact ones, ours didn't survive 5 moves. :)

Amber said...

Aww, you guys are cute! I really like the decorations, they look even better in person :)

Unknown said...

Love it!!!!!

Unknown said...

ohh snap! One of your Christmas presents are in the picture!!

Chantel said...

Thank you guys :-) I was proud of myself :-)